TomaRashi Pao de Queijo
Created by Sarah Rich of Rich Table and RT Rotisserie
160g finely grated TomaRashi plus more for baking
480g tapioca flour
130g olive oil
- In a bowl, mix well the eggs, yolks, and TomaRashi to make a paste. Set aside.
- Put the tapioca starch and salt in the kitchen-aid fitted with the paddle attachment.
Mix on low to blend.
- Heat together the milk, water, and olive oil until it just comes up to a boil. Gently pour it into the tapioca and mix on low speed until smooth.
- Add the cheese and egg paste to the bowl and mix on low speed for about 10 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl and the paddle, until the dough is pale yellow and elastic. It should no longer be super sticky or runny.
- Put into a piping bag and let chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Pipe small circles onto a parchment lined sheet pan. Top each with fine-grated TomaRashi.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until the outside just begins to take on color.
You can eat this as is right out of the oven as a delicious snack, or serve with chive crème fraiche and caviar to make it faaaaanncy.