- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Quinta is a small round, about 4” in diameter, weighing about 10oz.
The interior texture is silky-smooth and the rind is fluffy, yet slightly firm with Bay leaves embedded on the top and bottom.
Made on the farm from our own pasteurized cows’ milk, the wheel is wrapped in Spruce bark that has been infused with the essence of CA Bay Laurel, which is indigenous to the region and ever-present on our farm in Point Reyes. Quinta is meant to be enjoyed at room temperature in a single sitting by removing a portion of the top rind and digging in with a small spoon or cheese spreader.
Why Quinta? This name is especially meaningful to us for two reasons. First, Quinta means Farmstead in Portuguese. Our maternal grandparents were from Portugal so this cheese honors our mom (who would have loved this cheese by the way!) and our Ferreira family heritage. Second, Quinta means Fifth in Spanish. This cheese just happens to be the fifth product in our core line-up, so the name also has significance for our primarily Latinx staff that work so hard (day-in-and-day-out) to make all of our cheeses wonderful.
- Quinta is enjoyable between 30 - 80 days following production
- The younger wheels have a custardy texture with a slight buttermilk freshness and a vanilla cream finish
- The more mature wheels are softer (and spoonable!) in texture. The richer flavor is filled with fresh creamery butter in the beginning and expands to notes of woodsy-mustard and wild mushroom with a CA Bay Laurel herbaceousness in the finish
- No matter the level of ripeness, the flavors intensify as you enjoy the cheese closer to the bark-wrapped perimeter
- Don't forget to try the rind! The flavor is delicious with even more CA Bay Laurel and earthy, mushroomy notes
When will my order ship/deliver?
The short answer is whenever you want!
During the checkout process, you will have the option to select a requested delivery date*, Tuesday – Friday, up to 60 days in the future. This is perfect for shopping ahead of time for holidays, birthdays, or special occasions.
Orders ship via Fed Ex Overnight, one day before your requested delivery date.
Most orders arrive on the target date, but sometimes it takes an extra day to arrive due to transit delays. If you're planning a party, choose a day or two early to
If you don’t specify a requested delivery date, we will ship your order as soon as
possible. (Orders received after 12noon typically ship the following business day
but may take up 5 business days based on when the order is placed and our current
Important Notes for all Shipments:
- We ship via Fed Ex Overnight, Monday – Thursday with enough frozen gel ice to
last up to 2 days of transit time in case there are delays. (Note: if you order after
12noon on Wednesday, the earliest your order will ship is the following Monday for
delivery on Tuesday/Wednesday.)
- Once your order ships you will receive an email with your FedEx tracking
- Click here for more shipping details.
* Requested delivery dates may not be available for all products.
How do you ship?
We ship exclusively via FedEx Overnight Service.
How much does shipping cost?
We charge a flat rate of $10 per package within the contiguous United
States. Shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are a flat rate of $30 per package.
If ordering multiple items/gift packs and more than a $10 charge is assessed on your bill it is
because we have determined that your multiple-item order cannot ship in one package.
Can I ship to multiple addresses in one order?
Not currently, but this is a feature we hope to add to our site in the future. Keep
If placing 10 or more orders, please see corporate/bulk order form.
Can I ship to a PO Box?
Due to the perishable nature of our products, we are unable to ship to a PO Box. When checking out, please provide physical shipping addresses only.
Need more help?
Please call us at 800.591.6878 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday
through Friday 8am to 4pm PST.
Ingredients: Cultured, Pasteurized Cows’ Milk (MILK), Salt, Enzymes, Bay Laurel Leaves
- Calories 86
- Fat Cal 59
- Total Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 4.5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 25mg
- Sodium 120mg
- Total Carb 2g
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 5g
- Vitamin A 0%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 140mg
- Iron 0%