Temporarily out of stock unitl week of 2/26/18
From Point Reyes to New York and back, Cornelia starts as a pint-sized wheel of our Toma. From there, while still “green,” it goes to the renowned Murray’s Caves in Long Island. There the team of Cavemasters established an affinage (the art of cheese aging) plan that starts in warm, humid caves for regular rind-washing before moving to the cooler natural-rind caves to finish aging. The result is a slightly sticky rind (the outside of the cheese) that develops an orange/pink hue, sometimes mottled with grey and bluish molds. It is also where it gains that uniquely funky, pungent smell and develops the mushroomy, umami flavors, we love!
The name comes from the address of Murray’s legendary little cheese shop on Cornelia Street in New York’s Greenwich Village.
- Made from pasteurized, rBST-free cows’ milk
- Made with microbial (vegetarian) rennet
- Aged a minimum of 60 days
- Certified Gluten Free
- Smooth and rich, with a slightly musty aroma that can sometimes be funky or "stinky"
- The flavor is beautifully buttery with a silky, melting mouthfeel - if the rind is a little too funky for your preference, simply cut it away and enjoy the buttery paste inside
- At room temperature there are notes of roasted peanuts and buttered toast, lots of mushroom flavors and the finish is rich with umami notes
Serving Size 1 oz. (28 g)
Ingredients: Cultured Pasteurized Cows’ Milk (MILK), Salt, Enzymes
- Calories 110
- Fat Cal 80
% Daily Value*
- Total Fat 9g 14%
- Saturated Fat 6g 30%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 30mg 10%
- Sodium 210mg 9%
- Total Carb 1g 0%
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 7g
- Vitamin A 6%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 20%
- Iron 0%
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.